Friday, November 14, 2008

Weird

On Friday we got our progress reports. They are printed in small booklets with a page for each subject where it shows our grade, the subject description, and the teacher's comments. On the front of the booklet is our picture, which was taken earlier in the year with our tech class. When mine was taken, I was trying to smile slightly, but it turned into a frown, and I was looking up to avoid blinking from the flash. The result: it looks like a mug shot, minus the number strip on the bottom. It is horrifying. I am NOT showing you the picture; you get to imagine it for yourselves.

I don't know why, but I always look bad in pictures.

Another weird thing that I can't understand is that obviously, in some list somewhere in the school, I am listed as being a boy. We have these "houses," where the school is divided into four groups that have competitions against each other. (This doesn't have anything to do with normal classes.) The house lists were pinned on the bulletin board, and it listed everyone's name and gender. Next to my name there was an "M," so I figured, no big deal, it's just a typo, and crossed the M off with a pen and wrote an "F" next to it. But a few days ago we got our computer usernames, which are put together by taking letter and number codes for our home country, the year we started at the school, our gender, etc. There was no "f," but there was an "m" in it. I figured that this was different. They would have been more careful with the usernames, so it was less likely that this was an accident. It doesn't really matter that my school computer username has the wrong letter in it, I just don't want to be recorded in any of the lists as a boy. That's stupid. I'm frustrating myself over wondering why that would happen...

6 comments:

ferskner said...

At least you know that if you ever need a mugshot for prank purposes, you have one ready! :)

otto said...

BLUyRGH>*(xuK7^^5)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordan F. said...

Hi Emma this is Jordan, remember me? i'm one of John's BEST friends? well anyways I think you're site is cool too!

Jordan F. said...

Hey Emma do you mind getting a picture of John and Allyne for me? My little brother wants to see what they look like! and feel free to post a reply on MY new blog and i'll give you the name of it, after I make it though!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Sir,

We invite you to attend our Level One Grunt/Belch/Spit/Scratch/Swear class in December. In it, we will teach you How to Be a Man.

Sincerely,

"Sweaty" Armitage

Emma said...

You're annoying.