Sunday, November 01, 2009

HALLOWEEN

So, yesterday was Halloween. Last year we didn't have the time or energy to work 0n getting fancy costumes like we wanted, so we made up for that this year by getting really nice costumes from a tailor. We just printed out pictures, handed them to the tailor, and told them to make it. My costume is a historical dress from the American Civil War era. I'm not any particular person, just someone. I don't think it should really matter what person I am, but obviously other people though so. One person thought I was dressed as Little Bo Peep. (If I were her I would have a shepherd's crook, but I wasn't and I didn't.) Or when I told them I was wearing a historical dress, they'd think I was Scarlett O'Hara, or a "southern belle," or something similar. I guess the closest thing would be the March girls, because they were my inspiration, but I still wasn't one of the March girls, just someone from that time period.

Anyway, here's a picture of me in my costume, complete with hoop skirt. Just for fun, I posed properly and altered the image to make it look old.



The collar isn't quite right (it was supposed to be pointed and stiff, not round and floppy), but it's okay for now and that's something I know how to fix. (I can just cut off the old collar and make a new one.) The thing is that the manikin wasn't wearing the collar in the picture, so we had to tell them ourselves by pointing at things that we wanted a collar, and they didn't know that it was supposed to look a certain way.

4 comments:

SparkChaos said...

I was dressed up as a gangster for Halloween but when parents asked, I was a man. <_< I didn't want the little kids to be influenced. XD I kinda' regretted dressing up like that but I didn't really have anything else, since my parents didn't want me to buy me a new costume. XD

Anonymous said...

southern belle Emma---you look beautiful---you should have been a plantation farmer instead of a window-balcony farmer----love g-pa

Emma said...

It's not SUPPOSED to be a "southern belle"... more like the Little Women. They were my inspiration, and they were Union.

Anonymous said...

"union belle" that sounds good--- you still look beautiful---and you do not to grow cotton in your window garden--- love g pa