Thursday, March 12, 2009

You want Hello Kitty on the hood of your car?

It's cold right now. Really cold. The weather here fluctuates a ton; just a few weeks ago it was warm out, and then it was cold and wet again, then a bit warmer, and then today it was raining. Chinese weather is crazy. I guess it fits in with the rest of the country!

My bed has been bugging the heck out of me lately, because the mattress itself is rock-solid (no figurative language here, it literally is rock-solid), and the only way to deal with it is to use a mattress pad, except that obviously the mattress-makers and the mattress pad-makers obviously didn't exactly collaborate, because the pad is ever-so-slightly bigger than the bed and is constantly sliding down. Plus, my dad insists that I have my bed pushed completely against the wall, except that if it's against the wall, my blanket can't go over the edge of my bed and that really bothers me. I hate sharing a room, especially when I'm in a tiny apartment and it means that I literally never get any personal space except for when I'm in the bathroom. And when my little brother doesn't bother to knock enough, so he frequently walks in on me while I'm in my underwear, I've got problems, especially when he (or my mom or dad or whoever) fully realizes that I'm getting dressed, but walks off and leaves the door wide open, anyway.

I don't really have too much else to say, because I've been thinking about my drawing and everything recently. John says that I need more pictures on my blog, but that's because this is a word blog, not a picture blog. Anyway, that said, I haven't had much luck thinking of things to write recently. But there have been increased sightings of Hello Kitty-themed cars in the vicinity; three, to be exact. The first one was green with white Hello Kitties on the hood and doors (we have seen this one multiple times, because obviously whoever owns it lives in the apartment complex next to ours), the second one was white with a pink Hello Kitty on the hood, and the third, and most horrifying, was white with pink Hello Kitties on the hood and sides, plus about fifty Hello Kitty bobble-heads and such lining the dashboard. This one was stopped at an intersection, and John and I took note of the fact that there was a man driving. Unfortunately, I haven't ever had my camera with me. The Hello Kitty cars remind me of how I've seen the red Beijing Olympics logo on a couple of items it should never go on, namely another car and a grand piano.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am finally catching up on reading Preston family blogs. They are all great, Emma, but I can really relate to your Hello Kitty one. We have someone living in Benson who has a car covered in various dolls, hood (a very big one) and dashboard. I've also seen one covered in fake flowers. Some people just have too much time on their hands. Keep at the drawing and working on the violin!

Lt. Preston said...

It's not cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GAHHHH! Whats wrong with everyone?!?!

Emma said...

You're just a freak that has a messed-up perception on cold. That and you're a boy.