Monday, September 15, 2008

happy

I'm happy.

We went to IKEA the other day and now I'm happy because we got some new furniture and now it feels a little bit more like home. I love IKEA! But anyway the thing I'm the happiest about right now is that it's the mid-Autumn festival and we got a day off of school.

It's weird because whoever furnished our apartment gave us kids a twin bed, a full bed, and a queen bed, and decided to put the queen and full in my and Allyne's bedroom and the twin in John's, so we literally have about ten square feet of floor space. We're going to switch out the beds so John gets the queen, I get the full, and Allyne gets the twin (so we have more floorspace) but I'm going to miss that queen bed because it's really cozy and I can stretch out as much as I want. The full bed is about as hard as a rock, so I tried to get Mom to buy me a nice mattress from IKEA, but she wouldn't. Anyway I got a nice douvee set from IKEA. It's not the one I wanted (there was one nice blue-and green one I saw in Tempe) but we got this other one and I really want to get it out and set up my bed but we have to deal with the bed-switching situation first and I'm really impatient.

5 comments:

ferskner said...

I'm jealous that you moved to China and can still go to IKEA, but I moved to Indiana and don't have one anywhere near me.

colleeeen said...

hey Emma, it's your distant and obnoxious cousin Colleen. I'm so happy you have a blog, too. Now I get to read about your China adventures from four different viewpoints. It makes me less afraid to consider leaving the US.

ugh, i hate hard beds! start waking up with a sore back every morning, maybe that will do the trick. ;)

otto said...

Flurg Glorck. Boop Beep Bop 9/1x.

Emma said...

Matthew you're crazy. What are you, a robot?

Emma said...

A robot in need of an oil change?